FORKNI-L Digest - 7 Jul 2001 to 8 Jul 2001 (#2001-211)
Sun, 8 Jul 2001
There are 2 messages totalling 183 lines in this issue.
Topics of the day:
1. WAR: Places to eat, drink, and be merry :-)
2. : Admin: FORKNI-L Rules
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:18:16 -0400
From: Will Steeves <goid@i.......>
Subject: Re: WAR: Places to eat, drink, and be merry :-)
I saw someone asking about this, so I thought that I'd drop some suggestions
- if anyone is looking for any non-fictitious places to eat in Toronto that
can be written into your War posts (or to go there and visit in Real Life
:-) ), let me humbly offer the following:
Nice / Expensive Restaurants:
- The 360 Restaurant: The revolving restaurant at the Observation deck of
the CN Tower. Expensive, and it's well worth it!
- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse: In the lower level of the Sheraton Hotel at Queen
and Richmond. Beside the Ruth's Chris is Trader Vic's bar; they make the
BEST Mai Tai anywhere, at least in my humble opinion.
Casual / Inexpensive Restaurants:
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: The Esplanade at Yonge St. (just south of Front
St). Originally thought to be the site of the infamous restaurant scene in
"The Fix", but that scene might actually have been done somewhere else (I'm
looking into it). Still, the OSF's food is fantastic, and I've never been
disappointed. Also, jeans are just fine.
- Silver Dragon Chinese Restaurant, Kingston Road in Scarborough. It's a
personal favourite of mine, and it's close to Morningside Park where
_something_ was filmed (I don't have my site list with me, but please take
my word for it :-) )
Very Casual / Super Inexpensive Restaurants:
- Any Mister Submarine location: A Canadian institution. :-) Leave the
suit at home, and you won't break the bank.
- Greg's Ice Cream: Bloor St. West, (almost) across from Varsity Stadium
(University of Toronto). It's a student hangout, so you won't need a suit.
:-) Anything that you can think of to do with ice cream (G-Rated, okay!),
they've probably done it, but they'll do just about anything. For example:
They might not have chocolate chocolate chip ice cream, but that's no
problem, because they'll get you a spoon or two of chocolate ice cream, a
bunch of chocolate chips, and mix them right in front of you. Woohoo!
- Whiskey Saigon: Northwest corner of DUNCAN (not McCaul :-) ) and Richmond.
It's a club, but it's nice enough, and they have plenty of different rooms
with different musical styles. Casual is fine.
- The Fluid Lounge: Southwest corner of Duncan and Richmond. I've only been
inside once (off hours, during a tour), looks nice, but from what I've
heard, you won't find any Raven music here. Still, this IS the Raven (sort
of :-) ), so no visit to Toronto is complete without it. Also, you _might_
need to be a little bit dressed up, but I don't recall for sure.
- The Phoenix: 410 Sherbourne St. at Carlton. It's not "all industrial, all
the time", but they seem to be more likely to have Raven-style music than
most other places.
- The Kingdom: 1400 Plains Rd. East in Burlington, so it's about 60-90
minutes from downtown, but worth the drive. I don't know what their "usual
format" is, but they're the home of CFNY's Martin Streak for a live telecast
of mostly new and alternative rock, plus a good bit of great industrial,
goth, and punk every Friday night.
That's all that I can think of for now. There's more to come, if I can
think of it. :-)
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:46:17 -0500
From: mclisa <mclisa@m.......>
Subject: : Admin: FORKNI-L Rules
Double, double, toil and trouble,
Fire, burn, and cauldron bubble,
Where the place? Upon the net,
There to meet with Mclisa.
..Or, we've just had a terrible thunderstorm, which reminded me of MacBeth.
If you need a hand or have any questions please don't hesitate to
contact Don Fasig <Argent@e.......> or Lisa McDavid
For tips on managing your Forever Knight subscriptions please visit Don's
help page at: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7139/fk-lists.htm
List digests are archived at:
1. No flames on list. FLAMERS MAY BE SET NOPOST. THE NOPOST
MAY BE PERMANENT.
2. Please don't quote more than four lines of a previous post in replying.
If you have more than one point to answer, then you may quote the
relevant four lines for that point also.
3. Limit sigs to 6 lines. This includes all information, decoration
quotations and blank lines. Your name and address count as part of
the six. If you sign your name on a separate line above the body of text,
your name and the blank line or lines between count as part of the six
line limit. If you have one of those services that insists on putting an
advertising tag on the end of posts, don't worry. We realize you can't
control that and it doesn't count as part of your sig.
4. Please don't send to the whole list when you are only talking to the
person who wrote the post you are answering.
5. Advertising on list is on a case by case basis. Please consult the
listowners, Lisa McDavid, <mclisa@m.......> or Don Fasig,
<Argent@e.......> for permission.
6. This list is for the discussion of Forever Knight. Cast, crew, staff
and producers in connection with what they're doing now or have done in the
past are ok. So are list members' FK- fannish activities and
arrangements to meet. Cons should only be announced on Forkni-l if someone
from the show is appearing, or if you're going to be there. Non-FK vampires,
or vampires in general, are _NOT_ ok. Vampyres@t....... does that.
McLisa can tell you how to subscribe.
7. Off-topic posts are _NOT_ allowed, no matter what they are about or how
urgent the warning may appear. If you have an off-topic post which you
think should appear on the list, ask one of the owners for permission.
8. The private lives of the cast are not a discussion topic. Occasionally
one of the fan club presidents will make an announcement, but other
than that, we leave the cast their privacy.
9. Only fan club presidents or other designated spokespeople may
make announcements of future projects for FK cast, crew and staff,
before said projects have been released or written about in the media.
10. No role-playing on Forkni-l. This includes no character names as
pseudonyms or posing as a character.
11. Each subscriber is limited to five posts per day on Forkni-l.
McLisa (Lisa McDavid)
"That will be trouble".
Listowner, Forkni-l and Fkfic-l
End of FORKNI-L Digest - 7 Jul 2001 to 8 Jul 2001 (#2001-211)
Parchment background created by Melissa Snell and may be found at http://historymedren.about.com/